Hey everyone! I’ve been trying to figure out where this blog is going and what I’m doing with it. Simultaneously I’ve been trying to figure life in general out as we’ve had a ton of changes in our family over the past year and a half since my husband retired from the Marine Corps. So, here’s a quick recap of life:
- Moved to PA from FL
- Worked at Walmart for 6 months when finding a job in small town America was tough
- Husband secures better job, which he is totally unhappy at, quits and we’re back to square one
- Work at the YMCA for 6 months and leave to pursue substitute teaching
- Still waiting on subbing months later
- Get hired by VIPKid to teach English online
- Continue booking vacations around the globe!
So life has been busy! My boys are busy! The oldest will graduate from high school in two months. (Someone hand me a tissue…) My middle is busy with Scouts and baseball. My youngest will go to pre-K next year. He’s into everything and keeps me on my toes.
But where does this leave me in achieving my goals? I’ve been reflecting a lot about what I want out of this life I’ve been blessed with and have come up with a few goals for the year:
- Focus on nutrition and eating right. They say weight loss is won in the kitchen, but losing weight will greatly help my running goals as well.
- Consistently train for the Wine & Dine Two Course challenge at Disney World.
- Incorporate strength training into my training regimen.
- Establish a consistent student base with VIPKid.
- Be able to start subbing in the fall.
I think accomplishing these goals will give be the confidence I’m seeking and provide myself and my family the opportunity to enjoy life more through outings and travel. (After all, we just booked our first cruise to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary so I need to look good in a bathing suit next summer!)
So there you have it. I didn’t fall off the planet, but I did struggle with injury, training inconsistency and some major life changes. Hopefully as we’ve found our new normal now I’ll be able to focus on achieving my goals and making 2018 the best year yet!