RunDisney finally revealed the updated Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend yesterday! Rumors have been running since some changes were spotted on Active.com and the runDisney site, and most of the speculation appears to have panned out. We wanted to go over the changes and offer our thoughts on them after completing last years Wine & Dine Half Marathon.
Here’s what the Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend will now consist of:
- The race expo will begin on Thursday, November 3rd
- Mickey’s Holiday 5K will be run Friday morning at Animal Kingdom park
- Kids races will take place both Friday and Saturday
- The Disney Wine & Dine 10K, presented by Remy from Ratatouille, will take place on Saturday morning.
- The Wine & Dine half marathon will take place Sunday morning
- The after race party will take place Sunday evening leaving plenty of time to rest and recover
- New challenge, Lumiere’s Two Course Challenge, for those who run both the 10K and half marathon!
- Early registration for Annual Passholders and DVC members will take place March 22nd at noon
- Regular registration will take place March 29th at noon
Once runDisney revealed these changes my husband and I were discussing them and had conflicting points of view. With the absense of the Osbourne Lights I’m looking forward to the changes. I much prefer morning runs so the new schedule will suite my running style better. After running Glass Slipper Challenge I would be happy to shower, nap/rest/put my feet up and then attend an after part after being refreshed.
On the flip side, my husband prefers the night runs. He thinks it’s weird to have an after party that evening versus right after the race. In his opinion it detracts from the experience. He’s also bummed that it’s the end of night races at Disney.
Would we still run Wine & Dine? I definitely would! A challenge!!!! I would love to sign up for the challenge, however, unless I win the lottery in the next two weeks that likely won’t happen since we have a few other trips planned for the later half of next year including a big trip to my home town of La La Land. However, should a generous donor want to sponsor me to run this race I would sign up for Lumiere’s Two Course Challenge in a heartbeat!
What about you? Do you plan to sign up for any races during 2016’s Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend?